They still didn’t switch to the metric system in the United States. They are using non-metric, archaic Imperial system of weights and measures. I collected some hints which are helpful where you need to convert units from one system to another.
- Extremely cold day: -40C = -40F.
- Freezing point of water is 0C = 32F.
- Room temperature is 21C = 70F.
- Body temperature is about 37C = 98.6F.
- Water boils at 100C = 212F.
- You can also calculate yourself: [°F] = [°C] × 9⁄5 + 32.
One foot is equal to 0.3048 m. The foot comprises 12 inches and three feet compose a yard.
One mile is equal to 1.609344 km.