- Simpler API, less boilerplate code.
- Flexible and easy configuration.
- Test files executed in isolation.
- Advanced watch mode.
- Snapshots support = easier start with testing.
- Code coverage.
- Another migration.
- Mocha has still a bit better performance (according to my quick tests).
My analysis got very positive feedback, with only a few little concerns, so I got encouraged to take action and verify the assumptions stated. I picked two different projects to play with to ensure both of them will uniformly benefit from using Jest.
Continue reading Migrating to Jest test runner
At Automattic we use Mocha to run all tests written for Calypso project which powers WordPress.com. It also includes end-to-end tests, which live in their own repository. We have been using this setup for over 3 years now. I think it is a good moment to revisit this choice. I found this unit testing tools comparison very helpful when evaluating alternatives. I strongly agree with the conclusions shared by Martin Olsson in his article:
Continue reading Picking Jest over Mocha – testing tools comparison