- Simpler API, less boilerplate code.
- Flexible and easy configuration.
- Test files executed in isolation.
- Advanced watch mode.
- Snapshots support = easier start with testing.
- Code coverage.
- Another migration.
- Mocha has still a bit better performance (according to my quick tests).
My analysis got very positive feedback, with only a few little concerns, so I got encouraged to take action and verify the assumptions stated. I picked two different projects to play with to ensure both of them will uniformly benefit from using Jest.